An introduction to the Flash Lite player and understand some of the basic differences between mobile specific issues and the desktop Flash player.
Once done with the basic, we move onto how to develop the user interface, work with class-based development.
Dale wraps up the lessons by teaching you how to work with external media and platforms, as well as explains some of the wider issues for developers starting out with Flash Lite and mobile content development.
It enables to learn how to control Visual Objects with ActionScript 2.0.
It helps to understand how to build a mobile game.
It enables to get up to speed on how to write persistent data to the handset.
It helps to learn about loading dynamic data through XML socket connections.
It enables to obtain first-hand experience for how to load Flash Lite applications on a BREW device.
Course Study Format
This course is delivered through ONLINE method.
The course is available for you to complete at your convenience over a 12 month period.
IT Training Course Tutor Support
ALL our home study courses include step by step online training and keyword search facilities.
Our Interactive Online IT Training courses will take you step by step though your chosen eLearning courseware using show and ask training methods.
If you still have any questions regarding your online course, our technical support team are available 24 hours a day Monday to Friday.
Study hour is dependent upon the dedication and grasp towards the learning concepts mentioned in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to the tutor.
All exam vouchers supplied with online training courses must be used within the duration of your course. Exam Vouchers become invalid once the course has expired.
Disc 1 – Basics & Best Practices
Chapter 1: Flash Lite Development Fundamentals (18 min)
• The Flash IDE & Mobile Emulator
• Moving .SWF Files to a Mobile Device
• Comparing Vector & Bitmap Images
• Comparing Movie Clip & Graphic Symbols
Chapter 2: Coding Well Architected Applications (17 min)
• Assigning Data Type to an Object
• Using System Capabilities
• Writing User Defined Functions
• Returning Data from Functions
• Final Comments
Disc 2 – Developing the User Interface
Chapter 1: Controlling Visual Objects (38 min)
• Setting Text Field Object Properties
• Setting Movie Clip Object Properties
• Referencing Objects & Timelines
• Customizing the Focus Rectangle
• Organizing Visual Content with ActionScript
• Dynamically Attaching Movie Clips
Chapter 2: Handling Device Key Press Events (13 min)
• Adding ActionScript to Control Soft Keys
• Creating a Global Key Listener
• Defining Key Functions
• Changing Visual Content on Key Events
Chapter 3: ActionScript in Mobile Game Concepts (40 min)
• Using ActionScript for Animation
• Creating Methods to Animate Movie Clips
• Initializing Game Setup
• Detecting Stage Boundaries
• Detecting Object Collisions
• Updating the Score
• Ending the Game
Chapter 4: Class-Based Development (21 min)
• Creating & Using ActionScript Classes
• Linking a Class to an Object
• Adding Methods & Properties to a Class
• Extending the Movie Clip Class
• Managing Scoping with the Delegate Class
Chapter 5: Working With Asynchronous XML Data (38:30 min)
• Preparing for XML
• Creating the Object
• Loading XML
• Parsing XML
• Storing XML in Arrays
• Displaying XML Data from Arrays
• Validating User Entered Values
Chapter 6: Synchronous XML Data With XML Sockets (45 min)
• Setting Up a Jabber Server Account
• Creating an XML Socket Connection
• Handling the Socket Connection
• Sending & Receiving XML Data
• Creating XML for the Server Login
• Looking into the Jabber Server
• Creating an XML Node Message
• Sending an XML Node Message
• Receiving & Displaying XML Messages
Chapter 7: Persistent Data & Dispatching Events (25 min)
• Creating a Shared Object
• Combining Listeners with Shared Objects
• Writing & Displaying Shared Object Data
• Creating Dispatch Events
• Listening & Reacting to Dispatched Events
• Final Comments
Disc 3 – Working with External Media
Chapter 1: Working With Sound in Flash Lite (18 min)
• Importing Sounds into Flash
• Loading Sound through ActionScript
• Controlling Sound through ActionScript
Chapter 2: Working With Video in Flash Lite (15 min)
• Creating Bundled Device Video
• Testing for Video Capabilities
• Using External Device Video
• Final Comments
Disc 4 – Brew & Other Resources
Chapter 1: Creating Flash Lite Content for Brew (11 min)
• Publishing Content & the BREW Simulator
• Uploading Applications to BREW Enabled Devices
Chapter 2: The Flash Lite Ecosystem (06 min)
• Deploying Flash Lite Content
• Flash Lite on Other Devices
• Final Comments & Credits
Become fully trained and substantially improve your chances of employment or earn more money!
Test yourself and receive a certificate online. Multiple choice or fill in the blanks style questioning helps you remember and learn.
Upon completion of the course, you can download the completion certificate as well as any other qualifications you have been awarded.
Feel like you are actually using the software you are being trained about in the added security of our learning environment.
Printable reference guides and exercises
Every chapter has its own hands on exercises for you to carry out to help you gain essential experience. You also have automatic glossary and search features to help you use the course as a ‘quick reference’ guide.
Course Completion Certificate
*Please note, unless stated otherwise or included in package, our online courses only offer course completion certificates ( £10 fee) and in all cases official testing (at a charge made by testing centre) is required to gain officially certified recognised qualifications.
Our Online IT Training Courses are available 24 hours a day,
7 days a week for any computer that has online access!
Unless otherwise specified, official exams are not included.